Saturday 14 April 2012

Annika made a dress






I really like the style of dress with a high waist, a 60s style bodice and a poofy circle skirt.
They go for $100 + on websites like Jones & Jones, but really they are so simple and easy to make yourself.

All you need to do is find a cheap pattern from a charity store/op shop that you like the look of (any kind of basic dress is fine) and use this as the pattern for your bodice. As for the skirt, you can follow my circle skirt tutorial here (sans velvet), and then all you have to do is join the two together!


And basically any combination of prints and colours will look nice as well, particularly if you work with a patterned/plain combination, I think. Or you could do the dress all the one colour. There's loads of possibilities!

Wearing:
Dress - DIY
Bag - c/o Oasap
Shoes - Yesstyle
Tights - c/o Oasap
Collar embellishment - DIY
Cameo Brooch - Ebay
Belt - Vintage
Hat - Wholesale

Hope you're all having a creative day,

Annika xxx

9 comments:

  1. I really like this, going to have to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Very nice, well done!

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear, you are practically a master of DIY skills- you did a terrific job! The patterns are fairly simple. I suppose I will have to make a run to the fabric store one of these days very soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those tights!! Great job on the dress too!


    http://pony-chops.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such a good job of that dress! It looks amazing!

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I'll definitely need to try my hand at making my own cute dress :)
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You beautiful woman!! :) love you style :)

    Josephine <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! That last picture is to die for, I want those tights!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails