Monday 16 January 2012

"Sew" crazy! (So I made another dress)

  Well, I love my sewing machine. I sure do. I'm so loving being able to make my own clothes, AND so I made another dress. And I thought I'd share it with you all, again. I actually managed to make it fit properly this time! To make it, I half used a pattern (a vintage 1960s dress pattern for the top) and half used my own pattern (for the pleated skirt), then joined them both up, and used buttons on the back. Check it out!



 





I'm pretty happy with it. I'm just soooo excited now because there are SO many possibilities, so many dresses to be made, now that I know that I can successfully make one! I'm thinking crazy detailed giraffe or safari print fabric in a 50s style dress, open back with bows and a scalloped peter pan collar..... I can make anything I want! I think I'm going to become the crazy dress lady. I will! And I sure am excited about it! 

Wearing:
Dress - handmade
Necklace/pocketwatch - wholesale-dress.net
Belt - vintage
Socks - tutuanna
Shoes - yesstyle.com

New philosophy - you can NEVER have too many dresses. Especially not if you're making them yourself. *Hooray for continuing justification of my endless obsession with clothes!*

I love you all! Have a super day!
Annika xxx

18 comments:

  1. awwww... cuteeee!! i am amazed by all your diy dresses!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! You were born to make dresses =}
    I think you should learn how to make a little tulle layer underneath, that'd rule!!

    xxZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wore a petticoat under this one, but that's such a good idea. I think I shall :)

      Delete
  3. Naw you cutie. Now I want to make dresses! I don't know how to sew though ... might have to get my mum to show me! You did such an awesome job on your dress, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seriously have awesome style! I wish I could sew dresses after seeing your posts!

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty! xx

    p.s. I'm having a giveaway from LOVE if you'd like to check it out. :)
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this outfit! I'm just learning how to sew and I can't wait to start making some of my own clothes. This dress is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I have a machine but I have not used it yet, your dress is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dress is so feminine and pretty, I love how you made it yourself <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! Also, your profile picture is sooo adorable. Just thought I'd let you know! =]

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're all amazing. seriously. thank you so much!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. With a lot of practice, it is even possible to make more beautiful clothing like wedding dresses. Sewing your own clothes can be less expensive than buying them at the store, in many cases. Although this may not be true when you purchase at a discount or thrift store, it is almost always true when you decide to sew a fancy dress or gown.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is super cute! could you do a tutorial/explanation for those of us slightly sewing impaired (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have similar ones... http://pineneedle-collective.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/diy-circle-skirted-dress.html :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails