Wednesday 11 January 2012

Grandma's Style


GUESS WHAT.
Something completely incredible happened the other day.

I went over to my Grandma's for dinner, and showed her the dress I made. We were talking about how I should buy some vintage patterns to use, when she went "Oh! I think I might have some old patterns somewhere. Let me just go look."

And then.... and then....!!

She pulled out THESE!!!



About 40 or so AMAZING VINTAGE PATTERNS, some dating all the way back to 1950!!!!!!!!! Far flippin' out. I was so so happy, and hugged my lovely Granny about a million times.

AND THEN! EVEN MORE THEN!

I was still getting over the shock of being the new owner of these amazingly incredible vintage patterns, when my Grandma suddenly remembered about all these old buttons and vintage cotton that she owned as well.




LOOK AT THEM! Aren't these buttons amazing?? How cute are the little elephant ones? And the thread is so nice, and pure cotton too (which my Grandma thinks you can't buy anymore!)

And she gave them all to me! I am one very, very lucky girl.

I'm off to make another dress now with this super sweet kitschy bright orange dog-print fabric, which I also got from Spotlight, but I'm going to use one of those old dress patterns this time. Wish me luck!

Annika xxx

7 comments:

  1. ELEPHANT BUTTONS! I don't think I've ever seen anything quite as awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so nice of your grandma to help you out! You're gonna have so much fun with all that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing! You are so lucky!! :)

    Kirsti xx
    www.silentsweethearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! they are all amazing and fabulous!!! U R SO LUCKY!!! can't wait to see your new DIYs with these new gifts from your granny!

    xoxo
    http://mochaccinoland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was busy being jealous of your lovely style when I realised you make clothes too - now doubly jealous! I'm looking forward to seeing the dresses that result from these gorgeous patterns.

    Emily Wears Things
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're such a lucky girl! :D

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I literally gasped at the pair of elephant buttons, holy moly. I am so envious! :D There's this great reuse shop down the street from me here in Oakland that always has some fantastic buttons (in an old bird bath, hah). They also have sewing patterns and you may have inspired me to go fetch a couple..

    I really am enjoying your blog, it's a joy to read. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails