Sunday 28 June 2015

I made a skirt - with pockets!

Hello blog! I have seriously missed you! University is finally over for the semester and I can now spend some more time sewing, making videos and taking photos *big huge sigh of relief*.
Well, as you all know, I've well-and-truly mastered the circle skirt. SO, I'm finally(!) branching out into other skirt types. My favourite types of skirts right now are below-the-knee gathered flare-y skirts with pockets, so I wanted to challenge myself to learn how to make one. And I totally succeeded.

I'm just a *little* bit excited about learning how to make pockets. Can you tell??

Another technique I've learned - belt loops! So that I can pair these pretty vintage-style skirts with some pretty vintage belts!
And yes, I will aim to make a tutorial about making pockets within the month! Bear with me - I've literally just learned how to make them and want to perfect them before trying to teach others.
Now please excuse me while I go and make a version of this skirt in EVERY SINGLE COLOUR.
Seriously though, I'm so excited to have a whole month ahead of me just to make videos and improve my sewing skills. I think that I'm going to tackle a Make Thrift Buy challenge either today or tomorrow! Are there any particular ones that you're itching for me to do?? Let me know! My "to-do" list is here.

Outfit details:
Top is thrifted
Cardigan from Dangerfield
Belt is thrifted
Skirt is handmade by me!
Necklace is from HK:ID (Hong Kong)
Shoes are Naot Kedmas
Petticoat from Ebay


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend







Bloglovin' | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

11 comments:

  1. love the fabric you used for the skirt- it's super fabulous! and yay congrats on finishing exams :)

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand the whole uni thing, it gets so busy! When its on I feel like I never have time to do anything crafty. Thank goodness for holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is just fantastic <3 and it looks so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to have a skirt with pockets omg it's not like I don't have stuff or anything! Love this skirt, its such a pretty pattern you're very talented <3

    Check out my MAC Lipliner x3 Giveaway!
    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this skirt is amazing! Totally understand the urge to make thousands of those! :)
    My sewing teacher is about to teach me on the next lessons all those stuff like pockets, necklines, etc. So soon I'll be able to make thousands of those as well...
    I'd be glad if you put the link to this lovely petticoat from Ebay ;)

    ~Maria☼
    (from A Golden Picnic)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annika, you look super cute in this skirt!
    Your amazing skirt has pockets, and it is such a huge deal nowadays. I hate modern skirts because of the lack of pockets. Looking forward to see the tutorial!


    Why Buy? DIY!
    http://dushonok.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THIS !!
    and that skirt is the cutest ever. I would love to more of that kind. Well, i still have some fabric leftover a remodelling of a chair, so here we go.


    http://lycanter.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you ever opened up a shop for your homesewn wares, I would buy every single thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would looove to see a tutorial for this skirt on your Youtube channel! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails