Wednesday 15 April 2015

DIY Strawberry Two-Piece Dress (tutorial)

LOOOOOK. I made the BEST dress! ^_^ This whole project took me a good couple of days to sew, film and edit, but it has been so worth it - because not only do I now own the best dress in the world (true statement), but I can also teach you all how to make your very own!
Grab yourself 1.5 - 2 metres of cream one-way stretch jersey (or rayon) fabric, some strawberry patches (here, here or here) and your sewing machine - and you're ready to go!
The dress that I attempted to recreate is this gorgeous thing from Candy Stripper, one of my favourite ever brands (their new collection is food-themed and it's AMAZING). However, I don't think that they sell this dress anymore - and if they did, it wouldn't be for cheap.

So, here's my video explaining how to make this dress - enjoy!


And here is a great tutorial video for neck binding (the one that I mentioned in my video):


p.s. episode 3 of my new science-y podcast just came out :) Have a listen!
p.p.s. I have an interview in Labelled Magazine which I really enjoyed doing. It's all about ethical fashion and body image. You can read it here.







Bloglovin' | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

7 comments:

  1. Annika is Awesome! I love how much your sewing skills have improved, your videos are so inspiring to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg this is so awesome, love how well it turned out to you look gorgeous! :D

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks super, super cute... Not sure if better... Wow ^O^

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely the best dress ever! I love the things that you make (or give a makeover), it's so inspiring to me to make my own things! Plus, seeing how you do things without buying a pattern makes it less scary to me -- I hate following patterns, but I'm never 100% confident enough to do my own pattern.
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, your diy version is absolutely adorable!
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete
  6. AAAAHHH!!!! I ACTUALLY THOUGHT OF DOING THIS DRESS!!! but I didn't do it because don't know how (but I've drawn the sketch lol)
    ....well, I have the feeling that you will make a video about making this dress...AND!! YAAASSS MIRACLE HAPPENS<333
    I'm a big big big fan of that dress!
    Btw, I found that dress in taobao....not so expensive...

    Adventure of P-Chaaan!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh I love this design. I've been thinking about it since this was posted... I don't have a sewing machine but I will be looking around local charity shops to find a similar top and skirt and I will make this dress come true, it's too cute to miss out for summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails