Monday 21 July 2014

Tartan Dresses and Paper Folds

Dress is from Renew Vintage | tights are from Japan | shoes are no longer available

I am so glad that Katie convinced me to buy this dress while we were at Sydney's Finders Keepers a couple of months back! I noticed it early on in the night, but didn't try it on "in case I loved it", and proceeded to fret for hours while creepily returning to the store 3 or 4 times to stare at it. Sick of me being a weirdo and possibly freaking out the store owner, Katie forced me to try it on, "and then, when it doesn't fit, you won't regret anything!"
Unfortunately, it fit perfectly. This caused much more fretting on my part. Katie told me I had to buy it. I said no. Then a stranger walked by and told me how good it looked, and that I had to buy it. "Oh, maybe I should buy it!" I exclaimed, and proceeded to buy the dress. "Cool, don't listen to me then, listen to a stranger," grumbled Katie.

So that's the story of this dress. I'm really happy that I bought it now, regardless of the fact that I have way too many dresses in my wardrobe (psst! Buy my clothes! You know you want to!)

Speaking of Katie, she is still gallivanting around Finland and isn't going to be back for another two weeks, boo! I miss her so much!

Alright, want your MIND TO EXPLODE?! (Not literally, obviously. I promise that all mind explosions that may result will be of the good kind.)

If it were possible to fold a normal piece of paper in half 104 times (it isn't possible, by the way - the record is 12 times - if you don't believe me, go and try it yourself) then the resulting width of folded paper would be as BIG as the entire observable universe.

Cool!... wait. How?!

Exponentials, baby! Watch this video:

And I hope that you're all having a wonderful day.







Bloglovin' | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

8 comments:

  1. Well after watching that video I am incredibly confused, but confused in that satisfying way where you are more confused than the average bear and feel a little smug, haha. ]

    Love the dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you got that dress because it looks perfect on you! Such an adorable piece! I absolutely love the polka dot tights paired with it. I'm definitely going to need to try pairing polka dots with plaid asap.

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this dress is so sweet! it looks amazing with your hair and those adorable polka dotted tights.
    x
    staygoldrebecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...while creepily returning to the store 3 or 4 times to stare at it"
    That's totally me! I absolutely love that dress btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to know what the King did next with the grains of wheat...
    The dress is awesome and totally suits you and hey, you're cleaning out your closet anyway so you should have a bit more room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tartan and the tights together, such a good combination! and wah I would love to be in Finland right now!!

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this process of stalking a store several times...incidentally, this also happened to me with a tartan dress, hah! It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look like a Christmas present! Love the collar, totally a great decision on Katie's part! ;)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails