Friday 18 July 2014

DIY Heart Collar

I just realised that nearly all my video tutorials centre around heart motifs (see: heart tights, heart dress, heart pinafore and now heart collar). I guess I must have a subconscious obsession with heart-printed things! Of course, you can substitute the heart shapes in my tutorials for any other easy-to-draw shapes, but hearts seem to be my go-to novelty shape (no regrets here).

Anyway, ever since finding my embroidered rude shirt (language warning for that link), I have wanted to embroider all of my collared things! I wanted to start off with something easy - hence the heart - but I'm definitely going to try words next!
Let me know what you think of the tutorial, and if you think you will give this a go! It's really easy, quick, and doesn't require a sewing machine (woo hoo!) so if you've got a spare 30 minutes to do a little crafternoon-ing (or crafternighting, if you're like me and always get inspired to start projects near midnight) - definitely give it a go! It's also perfect for people with little-to-no hand-sewing skills (like me)!

And here is a good link for the kind of stitch you need to know for this tutorial, which is called a satin stitch (does not need to be used on satin. Silly sewing lingo).







Bloglovin' | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

12 comments:

  1. Uhh wow must do this! I don't really wear collars to be honest, not since i had to wear office wear for 6th form, I've rebelled strongly against anything remotely smart since! I am dying to be able to sew and do little projects like this one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love this tutorial and never would have thoughts about doing it myself. I just need to find the perfect shirt now :)

    Cats in Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I find satin stitch to be one of the hardest embroidery stitches, but it looks like you did a great job of it ^___^ For your Q&A, I'd like to ask what you hope to do with your degree once you leave uni. What field/s are you hoping to go into? I always find your science facts very interesting and I bet you will do great work in whichever field you choose! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely tutorial (again)! For your Q&A, I would like to know your (most important) motivation for being vegetarian :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, I used to embroider all my jeans by hand. I like to use a little hoop just to keep the fabric extra tight, I usually pick them up at second hand stores for change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cute collar and the little tutorial vid. :) You have a great accent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute idea, I love how it makes the shirt look more original and eye catching :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I'm definitely going to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I need to do this ! :D
    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your circle skirt tutorial its really amazing keep up the good work x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails