Wednesday 30 April 2014

Orange Soda | We Are All Related

Shirt is thrifted + DIY | socks are DIY | skirt and headband are thrifted | shoes are from Japan

I am pretty dang proud of myself right now, because I figured out how to make a tight-fitting crop top out of a loose, long-sleeved shirt! It's the one I'm wearing right now :D And I think that I'll upload a DIY on it very soon - I've got plans to do this to many of my cute-but-a-bit-too-big t-shirts! For good measure, I also made the sleeves into a matching pair of socks (which I have a DIY for here).

I can't believe that I also had the good luck of thrifting this headband and skirt together the other day! The headband is actually handmade, so I'm really happy that I get to give it a good home. Total cost of my outfit minus the shoes - about $3 (though I think the shoes were only about $30, anyway).

So I love this video from Vsauce. According to geneticists, you and I are, at the very least, 50th cousins! In fact, every human living on Earth today is related to someone who lived from 2,000 to 4,000 years ago. And that person most likely lived in Taiwan.
How crazy is that??
Watch the video, it'll blow your mind.

I hope that you're all having the most wonderful week so far!







Bloglovin' | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

6 comments:

  1. this outfit is so cute! I love how you made matching socks for your top and those shoes are so amazing!
    Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT VIDEO IS CRAY. To think my husband and I probably have a common relative arghhh incest. Can't wait for the crop top DIY, I have a CRAPLOAD of slightly-too-big shirts!

    Kirsten | kirstenlearns.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. POOOF!! (mind blown) :)
    Love the outfit, stripes are second favorite to polka dots, but I do wear them more often because they kinda look more professional :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of that skirt, its not often that one can find nice orange clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm digging the matching shirt and socks so much! You're becoming a true sewing wizard! I'd definitely love to see a tutorial about tightening a too-loose top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as I saw the skirt I was like "please don't be thrifted, please don't be thrifted"! Haha. This is because I'd love you teach us how to make such a pretty skirt. Nevermind, maybe one day. Congratulations on your recent opshop success anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails