Sunday 8 September 2013

Pineapples! (and Watermelons)

sweater and bag c/o Choies, skirt is thrifted, socks are thrifted, necklace is thrifted and shoes are from Asos.
Well, I can't say much more about this outfit other than I'm wearing a heck load of pineapples.

I also want to point out that this is one of my last posts with sponsored clothes from the companies that I am discontinuing sponsorship with, and now I am endeavoring to make many more of my own clothes (see below)!

So I love pineapple and watermelon-printed-anything at the moment, and if you didn't see it on my facebook or instagram the other day, I'm currently in the process of making this:
Hand-drawing all those watermelons took a while but it was totally worth it! I can't wait to share the tutorial with you all really soon!

So this comic from the Oatmeal about why the Mantis Shrimp is the coolest animal in the world is both sciencey and hilarious - and you should have a read of it! Not only do mantis shrimp have 16 colour receptors (as opposed to our measly three which alone allow us to see some pretty amazing sunsets), but they're also insanely strong. I won't give away much more - you can have a read here. The Mantis Shrimp will either become your favourite animal or the animal of your nightmares.

Photo from The Oatmeal
What's your favourite animal and why?

I hope you're all having a lovely day,







Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

26 comments:

  1. Your watermelon print looks awesome! I'm basically doing that (but a lot of it) for my senior thesis project this year!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That watermelon print has got to be the cutest, most fantastic thing I have seen in at least a week. You never fail to amaze me Annika!

    Maeve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pineapple themed ensemble! Reminds me of spongebob a little :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pineapple theme is darling. Makes me want to go to Hawaii. Can't wait to see the clothing you create!

    I was able to access the "reader" option in this post so I was able to read all of your text. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This pineapple sweater! What a fun print. I can't wait to see your watermelon shirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your matching sweater and bag...too cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness...that jumper is too amazing! <3

    Francesca xo
    www.yummylikecake.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the comic and it's amazing, haha! I also love your look, especially the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one fruity delight of an outfit :D So excited to see more of your watermelon top too!
    And Mantis shrimp have now gone up in coolness for me x

    http://melly-go-round.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures and a fun outfit! The bag is amazing! :)
    Love
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a cutie! I love the pineapples!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the hand printed watermelons, definitely not something I have the patience for so bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh this outfit is so cute! I'm obsessed with any fruit print, honestly! The watermelon tee you're working on looks adorable!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. loooooove your socks!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite animal is a flamingo because I love the colors and I want a stuffed one in my apartment LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the fact that fruits are a part of fashion because they give so much flavor to the outfit *.* Also, that bag is incredible! I love small bags especially with a cute design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I love the watermelon print! and the pineapple purse is very cute ^^

    ReplyDelete
  19. this outfit is so cute, especially the bag! i'm looking forward to seeing more of your own designs :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your pineapple top and handbag! I was just looking at pineapple print things the other day, I would love to get something with pineapples to wear this summer :3

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are like a Hawaiian dream in all those pineapples. ;) Following you on Instagram now, just to see what you do with that watermelon print!

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. As much as I love fruit, I don't know how I'd feel about wearing them. I would be worried that people would try to take a bite! Question: What came first, the bag or the blouse?

    therustedkey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheheh, actually, I got them at the same time! I am kinda through a little "pineapple phase" and thought they'd be great together.. sooo... :)

      Delete
  23. omg! the watermelon shirt is so cute and I can't believe that you actually drew it! <3

    toinfinitynbeond13.blogspot.hk

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh how absolutely sweet is that pineapple shirt and the bag! you are such a sweetheart!
    kiss,mary
    http://www.maryloucinnamon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your pineapple themed ensemble!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails