Monday 16 September 2013

Bright Orange on an Overcast Day

dress, gloves and tights are from Dangerfield clearance store, headband is c/o Milanoo and shoes are from Italy.

I moved house! And this wall is part of my new backyard - I have a plain white wall to take photos against! Finally! I was so excited, in fact, to find that I've got endless possibilities for photo taking around my new home. It's a fashion blogger's dream home. Because the best thing is that we're right next door to a big park with all these amazing community murals; there will definitely be some photos taken against those!

I couldn't resist this dress from the Dangerfield clearance store "Clear It" (118 King St if you live in Sydney - go, and search through the $5 defective stock bin - it's amazing). The dress was from stock that was going to be thrown out because of some slight defect (in this case, a button that needed to be sewn back on). I also couldn't resist these gloves because they were only $4. It's pretty warm now - we've basically said goodbye to the cardigan and coat season - but I wonder if I can pull off gloves without people looking oddly at me? These photos are my attempt to do so, anyway. What do you think about gloves when it's not the middle of winter?

And if you're currently somewhere that's not overcast or raining, raining, raining like Sydney is, then see if this video makes you want to go outside and get some fresh air ;)









Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

19 comments:

  1. Love the look and the video! very informative.
    I love the shoes so much..they are to die for!!

    lamodeeternelleetc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that clearance store! I haven't been in ages.
    Its now on my to-do for this weekend.
    Gorgeous outfit
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress and gloves - definitely worth the cost (And effort to sew a button back on!) Can't wait to see pictures from the park - I don't think I take advantage of all the cool art around my town enough

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool! i love the dress, the shoes and everything! :)
    Irene Wibowo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is gorgeous! It makes me sad that stuff could just get thrown out because of such a minor defect, I'm so glad you rescued it! Love the gloves and the bow too. Congratulations on your new place xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting video ! I blame myself for not going outside so often and not exercice at all... now the video reminds me that I really have to fix this problem ! I should enjoy nature as long as I live close to her. Vitamin D is really important and I read that many people have a deficiency. But do you think that taking supplement in vitamin D do the same "job" as the sun ?

    Your dress would be perfect for the autumn here ! About gloves, I don't think you have to wait until winter to wear them. It's very elegant, but still not very common to wear as a simple accessory, so some people could think it's weird to wear gloves when it's not cold. But in my opinion, it should be considered as wearing tights or socks; you don't only wear them when it's cold !

    Noé.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a great way to combat gloomy weather. ^^ I love your gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh gosh i think i have a total style crash on you my dear! that dress is beyond adorable and i love how you paired it with the gloves!!!
    kiss,mary
    http://www.maryloucinnamon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish we had a Dangerfield clearance store in Brisbane. I would live there if we did. Such a cute dress and those glove are divine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love that dress! The collar is amazing. The gloves totally work with it too. I think you can pull off wearing them not in winter. I mean people used to wear them with evening wear right? Why not all year round?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Evening wear! I hadn't even thought about that! Thank you :)

      Delete
  11. How exciting that you've moved to a new place- and a white wall is always a win! Can't wait to see photos at the murals!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'm in love with both the dress and the gloves! You look so lovely :3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh that dress is so lovely, and I think the gloves are wonderful! They totally work, no matter what season!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those gloves! I need a pair like that

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dress is PERFECT! What a score for only $5 - and so easy to sew a button back on! I love the gloves too, such a cute vintage-y touch.

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. That dress is PERFECT! What a score for only $5 - and so easy to sew a button back on! I love the gloves too, such a cute vintage-y touch.

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this whole look! The gloves are the perfect touch. (I found you while searching new blogs on Bloglovin!)

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails