Saturday 24 August 2013

Red Hair & Two Dimensions

Shirt is from Sportsgirl, jeans are from Dotti, shoes are from Dotti, socks are c/o Romwe, necklace is c/o I Love Crafty, bag is c/o Jump from Paper

This post is an unusual one because a) I am wearing pants and b) I have coloured hair - but it's not a wig! When I was 17, I had very bright red hair for about a whole year. I really liked it, so because I had been feeling quite ambivalent about my hair I decided to dye it today. And I think that it turned out wonderfully. Not much lightener was needed (and a pre-bleach was also definitely not required) because my hair was already a really light brown - I didn't want a repeat of destroying my hair after bleaching it too much last year to go pink and purple.

I just dug up an old photo of how bright-red my hair used to be - not sure if I'll move more in this direction, or to a more "natural" orange now (like this). Or maybe next time I will just dye it black. What do you all think?
Now, I need to talk about this amazing bag. You may have noticed that my bag kind of looks like someone photoshopped it into my photo?
I have been a huge fan of Jump from Paper's tricky three-dimensional-bag-pretending-to-be-two-dimensional-bags for such a long time now, and so I was very very excited when I got an email from them asking if I wanted to try one out! This bag is from their new 50s-inspired collection (I totally want to plan a 1950s shoot around this when I get the time). I have so much nerdy fun with it, pretending that I live in flatland (Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions is a satirical book about maths from 1884, and I highly recommend it. It's pure nerd joy. And it also messes with your brain - it gives you a good analogy for humans trying to perceive 4 dimensions, using beings called "flatlanders" who can only perceive 2 dimensions. If you either like classics, or you like science, READ IT).
I hope that you're all super, super well!








Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

28 comments:

  1. i love your hair and i need that necklace and pair of boots!

    xo Sarah
    absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your outfit! It encompasses everything I love into one nice look - polka dot, monochrome, chunky boots, black jeans, and cute bags <3 (obsessed with your bag, it's so cool)

    xx maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this entire outfit! The necklace is super cute and those shoes are to die for :) Also, I'm a big fan of Jump From Paper too :)

    P.S. Your hair looks absolutely awesome!

    Cosmetic Bag Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are seriously the cutest! You are rocking those pants, and I am obsessed with your shoes. I definitely love the throwback picture; that is some bright hair, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 17 year old Annika is adorable!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it all! The hair is so nice, the bag is amazing and that book - i have to read it.
    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new hair color is seriously so perfect! It totally suits you. You look beauuuuuutiful!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. your hair looks fantastic! and that necklace is too cool :)
    Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh the red looks amazing on you!! That bag is so trippy to me haha.. I so want one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This outfit is just perfect, so adorable!

    Joana from Who the Fuck is Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your hair colour, the red really suits you! And your necklace is adorable, I need one of those in my life!

    www.elizabethlola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely hair colour! And those shoes rock!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair looks great, you should definitely keep it! I really think it suits you better than black or blonde. That bag is just amazing, i think i should try to make one like that for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hair looks lovely, and I absolutely love that bag and your necklace - I need them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those bags. And you look so great! I vote go bright red, but I guess I'm biased since I've been rocking it all summer. I'm gonna go more purpley soon, though!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous outfit :) just discovered your blog, I'm going to follow you everywhere...*creepy laugh*

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh man, what a rad EVERYTHING! Yes, a rad everything. That is definitely improper grammar but you are lookin' so rad I just don't care. I love that tied top and your cute short red hair and everything. Also, I just really dig your blog layout.

    ReplyDelete
  18. SUPER LOVE THE OUTFITS
    anyway, would you mind to follow each other?

    CHECK MY BLOG HERE
    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS 

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your hair colour so much!!! <3

    toinfinitynbeyond13.blogspot.hk

    ReplyDelete
  20. that outfit! that hair! on theese photos you look as i do... O.o

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Your new colour turned out great!!! Love it ^^ What kind/brand of dye you used? :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I'm actually not sure what was used, because I went to a hairdresser for this! I should have asked, I'm sorry!

      Delete
  22. This outfit is so cute! Especially love the purse. I'm thinking about buying one myself...how much does it hold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not very much, it's actually quite flat. It can hold a mobile and a wallet and keys... that's about it :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails